Category: Hobbies -> Misc.
EPs Required: +
Poly Count: (700)
You know the Yeti I told you about before? The one who wanted an outhouse for their blind date? Well, before they decided that an outhouse was the most romantic way to go, Yeti and I brainstormed a bit about what might be a good thing to bring to their date. One of the things that were on the table, was something that would let children gain pottery skills. At first, I tried to add pottery skilling to a custom object, but after failing spectacularly a number of times, I decided it would be easier just to clone the pottery wheel and make it so that kids could use it. (Yes, I thought it would be easier to do it that way. That’s how spectacularly I failed. 😛 ) So, I did. But then the nice Yeti thought it wouldn’t be fair to keep it just for their blind date, they thought I ought to post it on my site instead. So, I am.
Seeing the signet rings I made a little while back, that lords wear on the little finger and ladies on the middle finger, Almighty Hat wished for index finger rings, and/or for little finger rings “for ladies who handle their own correspondence.” Hat is somebody I totally fangirl (srsly, she’s solely responsible for about 2/3 if not more of the CC in my medieval game), so of course I had to comply with her wish.
So. Hat (and everybody else) – have some signet rings, v. 2.0.
You can find v. 2.0 of these rings here.
This is one of those “I don’t know if anybody else will want this, but I’ll upload it anyway” things.
In this medievalish story I’m writing (that’s going to go live really soon), one of my characters takes off his signet ring and gives it to a certain lady character (in lieu of another kind of ring 😉 ). I was in the middle of taking screenshots when I realised that none of the rings I already had in my game looked anything like I wanted – so I made some that did look like I wanted.
Update 27 July, 2016: In case your Sims don’t like to run around all day with their swords unsheathed (I mean, you can poke somebody’s eye out like that. Or your own), ocelotekatl @ Blue Heaven Sims has made great completer set with scabbards for these!
When she saw my posebox with accessory swords, Morgaine – the brilliant author of The Chronicles of Albion – wondered if it would be possible to turn the swords into the kind of accessories your Sims put on in a mirror, so you could use them with other poseboxes and animation boxes as well. Since Albion is one of my favouritest (that is too a word!) Sim stories ever, of course I accepted the challenge. 😀
The swords have all been extracted from TSM, so much as I’d like to I can’t take any credit for the meshes or textures.
Today I bring you hair for your Vulcan ladies, binned and familied for all ages.
This mesh hasn’t been posted on my blog before, but it’s been previously released at SimTrek. Compared to the SimTrek version, though, this one has been thoroughly updated:
- the mesh is now animated for all ages, not just for AF/EF
- it fits more closely around the ears so that it looks better on Sims who don’t have pointy ears
- for all ages, it blends more smoothly with the neck
- AF/EF no longer has a gap at the neck
- all UV maps have been slightly edited, but not so much as to break existing recolours
- and finally, it’s got brand new Pooklet textures! 😀
Over at SimTrek (forum is gone now), Dominie wanted ears for her Vulcans – proper Vulcan ears, thank you very much, that angle forward like Spock’s. My Vulcan Sims and I thought this sounded logical, so I took her up on it. 🙂
As I’ve said before, during 2013 I plan on updating all my old body and accessory meshes. But I’m going to jump the gun a little and start with my Starfleet rank insignia already – they really needed help.
I haven’t just updated the meshes, though. I’ve updated… well, everything. 🙂
- all meshes have been updated; they now have a better shape and look crisper
- all UV maps have been updated so that they actually make sense
- all textures have been updated, following the new UV maps
- the admiral’s rank insignia for TNG/VGR now have their own meshes and recols
- the TNG/VGR shoulder rank insignia have new bone assignments; they now move properly with the shoulder and won’t clip as badly into the Sim’s body
- and last but not least, all rank insignia now have custom thumbnails in CAS and in game, so you’ll no longer have to squint at a nondescript head to try to figure out how many pips it’s wearing